Tuesday 30 March 2010

Straight on Till Morning - the project

Thanks to the Arts Council, I've now got 5 months to re-write my novel for young people. I've got some ideas about the new structure but there will still be a lot of experimenting to do. As part of the grant conditions, I've promised to share my writing process with young people: through this blog, through The Reading Agency's networking site - groupthing.org and through workshops.

It is my intention to share extracts from my novel along the way and I'm hoping that young people will offer their feedback and be a sounding board for me. I'm also hoping that I can inspire young people to write their own novels, poems, stories and blogs.

I'll be posting weekly and putting out chapters on a monthly basis but there might be some other questions that I want to ask along the way so I'm hoping to gather a community of young readers and writers around this blog and the groupthing blog. On groupthing, I'll be writer in residence over the summer and I'll be setting writing tasks as well as responding to your writing. To sign up to groupthing, just go to www.groupthing.org.

Looking forward to hearing from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment